Northpine has announced the recipients in the latest round of grants from its Stronger Communities fund, a programme established last year to help the people of Bream Bay.
The five local entities to benefit from the fourth round of funding are:
· Bream Bay College (for 2 students, Emer Lea and Claire Boakes, one-week sailing experience aboard Spirit of New Zealand)
· Youth Fit Academy – paying for 2 students in a values-based personal development programme
· Waipu Lawn Tennis Club – for new equipment
· Whangarei Pipe Band Society – training for Bream Bay students of ‘Northcal Drumming’ project
· Jan Francis – promotion of a local Matariki/Maramataka event
Grants are made quarterly by Northpine, from applications received over the previous three months.
In its first year, the Stronger Communities programme has distributed about $20,000 in funding to Bream Bay locals for events and activities that enhance local life.
Applications are open until mid-August for the next round of grants, to be announced in early September.
Details of criteria and Application Forms are available online at: www.northpine.co.nz/community